Bangkok features some of the most vibrant and authentic Irish pubs you’ll find anywhere. In this Bangkok Buzz roundup, we’ll show you which Irish pub in Bangkok we love the most and why. For fans of traditional Irish music, whiskey, and food, you’ll love finding out which Irish pubs have the best deals and atmosphere as well as all the live Irish and international sport on big screens to enjoy all the action live!
Scruffy Murphy’s Irish Pub
With the brand dating back since 2001 in Phuket, Scruffy Murphy’s Irish Pub opened its eye-catching red doors in December 2017 on the popular bar, restaurants and massage parlors road of Sukhumvit 23. Not far from the mouth of the infamous Soi Cowboy, Scruffy’s as it’s known by expat regulars, lies on the opposite side and features a bright red pub front that can’t be missed. It’s Irish owned and operated, and in its first year in operation it won the Irish Pubs Global Award for Best Irish Whiskey Experience in Asia, the Pacific, the Middle East and Africa. When it comes to whiskey, Scruffy Murphy’s takes it seriously, offering what it claims to be the largest selection in Bangkok – You’ll find the classics Jameson, Tullamore Dew and boutique whiskeys such as Teelings, Pogues and the West Cork series. Single-malt whiskeys and some small-batch distilleries from Ireland are also available.
Its food menu is filled with traditional Irish meals, from their Ulster Fry all-day breakfast to a succulent piping hot braised beef & Guinness stew and homemade bread & butter puddings for dessert, all washed down easily with Guinness and Kilkenny on tap, all local Thai lagers, and Magners cider on tap or served from bottles over ice.
Bangkok Buzz’s highlights of Scruffy Murphy’s Irish Pub Bangkok are:
- Authentic Irish live music on Tuesdays, Friday’s and Sunday’s and audience-participation traditional nights
- Great selection of live sport from all the GAA, Irish rugby and international sport with surround sound and many big screens to enjoy all the action
- Daily specials including a Buy 1-Get 1 fish & chips dinner on Friday’s
- Pool table and darts board with regular events
P.J. O’Brien’s Irish Pub
For those of you who are looking for affordable and fun Irish pubs in Bangkok experience, we recommend checking out P.J. O’Brien’s Irish pub on Sukhumvit Road. They opened their doors in 2020 so they are a relatively new pub on the circuit. It is owned and managed by the Sukhumvit Leisure Co., Ltd. group who also own the Royal Oak Bangkok and O’Shea’s Irish Sports Bar, Restaurant & Hotel. They have really competitively priced drinks and food as well fun live music and an excellent location opposite to W district in Phrakahong.
The food menu is vast and features lots of Irish classics, burgers as well as a Thai menu and even a Chinese takeaway style menu. We particularly recommend the Totally Smashed double pattie cheeseburger as well as their steak and chips which is always really nice and tender.
Bangkok Buzz’s highlights of P.J. O’Brien’s Irish Pub Bangkok are:
- Cheap and cheerful Irish pub in an easy-to-access location near to W District and Phra Khanong BTS station
- Live sports include Premier League football, UFC, boxing, Formula 1 etc. all on big screens
- Live music on regularly (check out their Facebook page below)
- Roast dinners with a choice of chicken, pork and beef with Yorkshire pudding
- Homemade Scotch eggs and battered sausages
- Large Irish whiskey selection
Fitzgeralds Irish Pub
A classic member of the Irish pubs in Bangkok group right in the thick of the downtown Bangkok tourist and ex-pat area of Nana, Fitzgeralds (formally Hanrahans) is just a short walk from Nana BTS station. There are actually 3 floors of this massive Irish pub and an outside patio seating area if looking at the people passing by Soi 4 is your thing. Upstairs on the mezzanine floor, you’ll find a cosy Irish pub ambience of comfy leather Chesterfield sofas, a pool table, an additional bar. Upon the third floor, there’s a ceiling window panorama and a more intimate feel, perfect for private parties and large groups.
They feature a vast selection of food and drink, from cheap local lagers like Singha beer to more expensive imported draught beer like Kilkenny and of course, Guinness. In terms of traditional Irish food, they have all the pub classics such as the Beef and Guinness stew, lamb stew, lamb shank and bangers and mash and all the usual pub food you’d expect such as sandwiches, pizzas and burgers. They also feature more high-end imported Australian rump steak and Australia lamb loin all with roasted veggies and sauce.
Bangkok Buzz’s highlights of Fitzgeralds Irish Pub Bangkok are:
- Excellent downtown Bangkok location, right in the hustle and bustle of Nana Sukhumvit soi 4
- Winner of Bangkok’s Best Restaurant Awards 2017
- All the live sport you could want including the Superbowl, Premier League, UFC boxing etc.
- Award-winning weekend roast dinners of beef, chicken, pork or lamb
- Regular live music from the likes of The Streets of Siam and more
Mulligans Irish Bar Bangkok
Long entrenched on the Khao San Road scene, this infamous Irish bar/pub features popular Thai music groups regularly and is known for its vibrant atmosphere of backpackers, locals and ex-pats. Pre-pandemic they were open 24 hours, 7 days a week and offer a great selection of food and drinks from huge choice of bottled beers, cocktails and draught Irish and Thai beers. St. Patrick’s day is always a massive wild event here at Mulligans Irish Bar Bangkok.
Bangkok Buzz’s highlights of Mulligans Irish Bar Bangkok are:
- Located on the infamous Khao San Road, popular with backpackers and local Thais
- Great selection of food and drinks
- Known for its live music scene running late into the night
- Pool tables and Sports TVs
O’Malley’s Irish Pub Bangkok
O’Malley’s Irish pub is located on the hustle and bustle of Silom Road, about 600m from BTS Sala Daeng. It’s inside the United Center Building and it’s surprisingly large once you go downstairs into it. They opened in 2018 and after a tough pandemic period, they are back open again in 2022. Their food menu is quite pricy, but the Happy Hour booze prices were reasonable. They often have live bands and feature all the popular sports on many large screens.
Bangkok Buzz’s highlights of O’Malley’s Irish Pub Bangkok are:
- Downtown location right on Silom Road near to BTS Sala Daeng
- Large selection of food and drinks
- Regular live bands
- Pool table and Sports TVs
- Happy hour daily from 3-7pm
- Popular with both Thai locals and ex-pats