Micro-brewery pubs in Bangkok are literally changing the culture of drinking in the capital. While most bars and pubs serve only locally brewed beers such as Singha, Chang, and Heineken, or perhaps they sell imported craft beers on draught or more likely by the bottle, there’s a small number of pubs that have been brewing their own craft beers for some time. It’s these micro-brewery pubs that we have rounded up in this Bangkok Buzz post of the Best Brew Pubs in Bangkok.
The Londoner Brew Pub
Since its birth in 1997, The Londoner Brew Pub has been a micro-brewery pub, which makes it officially the oldest micro-brewery in Bangkok. Founded by a Thailand veteran from London, England, he saw a gap in the market for a decent British pub to have a beer and watch sporting events. Now, in a more competitive arena than back in 1997, he still operates one of only a few pubs that make their own ale as well as serve customers with all their favourite local and imported drinks.
So The Londoner Brew Pub specialize in brewing all of their own craft beers on-site at their very own micro-brewery. From here, they produce the infamous Londoner Draught Beer, Londoner Pale Ale and the Londoner Wit Beer. Aside to these, they also serve imported Guinness, Peroni, Zeffer premium craft cider of New Zealand and locally brewed beers Tiger and Heineken.
Bangkok Buzz’s highlights of The Londoner Brew Pub are:
- Great choice of 3 Londoner micro-brewed beers; Londoner Draught Beer, Londoner Pale Ale & Londoner Wit Beer
- Battered fish in their Fish & Chips is battered in their very own craft-brewed beer
- Excellent choice of local and imported drinks across the board including daily specials
- Wine & Whiskey bar to be enjoyed by family and friends
Tawandang German Brewery
Tawandang German Brewery was launched back in 1999 and is positioned on Rama 3 Road. It was the first restaurant in Bangkok to introduce the ‘East meets West’ dining concept. Their mission was to create the first Thai-German microbrewery serving original German beer in Bangkok. They are a very popular and successful establishment and a large part of their success is not only due to its beer, but also a vibrant live music scene that features both Thai and Western style performances. Now they have 3 branches, with the second branch on Ram Indra opening in 2005 boasting a huge 2,000 seat capacity and a third branch in Chang Wattana with a capacity of 1,000 seats, the winning formula of their brand continues to break many restaurant records.
Bangkok Buzz’s highlights of Tawandang German Brewery are:
- Awesome selection of house-brewed beer served to thousands of customers every night
- Beer brewed with high-quality imported German ingredients
- The three signature beers are Tawandang Lager Beer, Weizen Beer and Dunkel Beer
- 28-meter wide stage with daily live shows of Thai and Western-style performers
- Deep-fried pork knuckle is their most popular German dish along with an authentic Thai food menu
Wishbeer Home Bar
Wish Home Bar is located in Summer Point which is next to BTS Phrakanong station, near to W District. They are serious about their craft beers and offer over 100+ taps, 200+ bottles in a fun, lively restaurant environment with live music on weekends and lots of tasty food to wash your beer down with.
Bangkok Buzz’s highlights of Wish Home Bar are:
- Over 100 beers on tap and over 200 bottles on sale
- Live music on weekends
- Hip location near to W District in Phrakanong
- Extensive food menu including an amazing Bacon Cheeseburger
EST. THIRTY THREE
Est.33 have 3 very impressive branches of Microbrewery shops in Bangkok. The first is the CDC – Crystal Design Center, located along the Ekamai-Ramintra Expressway. Its concept is Edutainment for those folks who want to learn about the brewing process and have some fun in the process! It features a wide balcony area in the Outdoor zone for socializing and trying out the Crystal beer. It also features a classroom zone, where you can learn and study about all the brewing equipment as well as the Microbrewery zone itself in the heart of the shop, where the brewing magic happens.
The second EST.33 branch is The Nine, located on Rama 9 road. Its concept is a ‘Brewtique Factory’, inspired by the company’s brewing plants run by Boon Rawd Brewery Co., Ltd. which has been brewing since 1933. The Nice consists of 3 areas, the Workshop zone, supporting imagination in an open space. The Brew House zone, the production base of EST.33 and The Tank Room zone where there are 12 tanks for fermenting and brewing beer.
The third EST.33 branch is The Singha Complex, located in Asoke. Its concept is a Gallery that’s ‘raw but pretty’, clean and easy to understand. Its overall appearance is that of a fine art exhibition, featuring several sculptures and a Tap room featuring 12 heads, which you can see as soon as you enter the shop. It features an a la carte menu which is refered to as The Fast track menu, inkeeping with the easy to understand concept.
Bangkok Buzz’s highlights of EST.33‘s branches are:
- 3 Unique microbrewery shops where you can learn, drink and socialize in style
- Regular promotions such as the ‘all you eat’ campaign featuring roasted pork ribs and Minagi oysters
- Vast food and drinks menus including the Snowy, Legend Lager, The Kopper, The Tripe 33 Pale Ale and The alcohol-Free Hof
- Signature Cocktails and Mocktails including Signature Beer Cocktails and Fruity Beer Cocktails