With its bustling streets and towering skyscrapers, Bangkok is a city that never sleeps. And for music lovers, this city is a treasure trove of incredible live music experiences, showcasing the diverse musical talent of Thailand and beyond. From intimate jazz clubs to massive arenas, Bangkok has a venue to suit every taste and budget. Whether you’re into traditional Thai music, electronic beats, or anything in between, you’ll find it all in the city’s vibrant music scene. In this post, we’ll be highlighting some of the best live music venues in Bangkok and offering suggestions on which performances to see while you’re there. So if you’re looking to experience the heart and soul of Bangkok’s music culture, read on!
The Saxophone Pub Bangkok
The Saxophone Pub Bangkok is located next to Victory Monument BTS station and first opened its doors way back in 1997. Saxophone Pub & Restaurant is best known for hosting the very best of live Jazz & Blues music in Bangkok brought to you by several famous artists in Thailand such Koh Mr Saxman, T-Bone Band, Neung Jakkawal Bang, and much more. It’s extremely popular with ex-pats, locals and international travellers who are craving some high-quality live Jazz & Blues music in Bangkok. Aside from the awesome live music nightly, you can expect a tasty Thai food menu as well as cocktails and draught German beer to enjoy.
Bangkok Buzz’s highlights of The Saxophone Pub Bangkok pub are:
- Some of the best live Jazz & Blues music in Thailand with many famous artists performing regularly each week.
- Excellent selection of Thai food with friendly service over two floors.
- Paulaner dark and regular beer served fresh into draught mugs.
- Extensive range of cocktails and wine to choose from.
- Pool table on the second floor.
Tawandang German Brewery
Tawandang German Brewery was launched back in 1999 and is positioned on Rama 3 Road. It was the first restaurant in Bangkok to introduce the ‘East meets West’ dining and live music concept. Their mission was to create the first Thai-German microbrewery serving original German beer in Bangkok. They are a very popular and successful establishment and a large part of their success is not only due to its beer, but also a vibrant live music scene that features both Thai and Western-style live performances. Now they have 3 branches, with the second branch on Ram Indra opening in 2005 boasting a huge 2,000 seat capacity and a third branch in Chang Wattana with a capacity of 1,000 seats, the winning formula of their brand continues to break many restaurant records.
Bangkok Buzz’s highlights of Tawandang German Brewery are:
- 28-meter wide stage with daily live shows of Thai and Western-style performers
- Awesome selection of house-brewed beer served to thousands of customers every night
- Beer brewed with high-quality imported German ingredients
- The three signature beers are Tawandang Lager Beer, Weizen Beer and Dunkel Beer
- Deep-fried pork knuckle is their most popular German dish along with an authentic Thai food menu
Beer Republic Brews and Bites
With a 1920s European Industrial inspired design, Beer Republic is a must-try for all beer aficionados and live music lovers. Boasting over 70 beers and both Thai & European pub food, perhaps the most impressive aspect of this beer house concept is the live music you can expect. With three regular bands The Chocolate Cosmos, Evolu5ion and Mild & Hack, there is always a great, vibrant atmosphere at Beer Rupublic.
Bangkok Buzz’s highlights of Beer Republic are:
- Live performances daily from 7.30 pm to 10.30 pm from a variety of Bangkok bands
- Awesome selection of beers with over 70 being sold in total
- Thai and European food menu with an impressively large cheeseburger
- Excellent downtown location just a few minutes walk from Chit Lom BTS station